Sarah Ellingworth. Energy healer, Arhatic yogi, Artist and self a proclaimed Conservative hippie......
Sarah Ellingworth. Energy healer, Arhatic yogi, Artist and self a proclaimed Conservative hippie......
The topic of what to write about came up loud and clear today....F.E.A.R, and even as I started writing, resistance kicked in. So I deleted everything and went back to the drawing board, only for the energy of Fear to pop its head out and demand it be the topic of conversation...again....so here's to you my dear friend, fear.....
I recently met a soul who was deeply hurt when he was younger, by his family and a past love. From these early experiences he decided he never wanted to feel pain or suffering like that again, so he closed his heart off and never allowed himself to love freely, always keeping people at arms length. This left him feeling stuck and unhappy, it was also causing suffering and disconnect within his current relationship.
During his first healing session with me, we removed the crusty exterior, which appeared like concrete. He had created this unconsciously as a form of self protection around the heart chakra. Once this was removed I saw his heart energy radiating the most beautiful flourishing garden. It was a luscious greenery, full of flowers in bloom, bursting open with soft gentle love. I was amazed, this guy had the most beautiful heart with so much love to give and he was denying himself and those that he loved, from experiencing his true nature. He had done this for so many years purely out of fear of being hurt again.
This is not an uncommon story. I myself, had created a big chunky barrier of protection around my heart which I had learned to do from a very early age, purely out of self protection and fear of experiencing pain and suffering. It's like putting a 10ft barrier around you so no one can get in but they are close enough to enjoy a connection at a safe distance. Yep, I know what you are thinking, that's totally logical...right??! haha. But fear isn't logical. It has one job to do and that is to protect you, so it does, fiercely.
For anything that threatens your tender heart, fear wants to be your warrior. Fear of rejection or abandonment, fear of not being good enough or worthy enough, fear of loss and heartache, fear of not having enough, fear of ridicule or embarrassment, fear of the unknown, and the list goes on. And we keep piling it on. Every experience that shatters our confidence, chips away at our self esteem or experiences that validate these negative beliefs prompts fear to shovel another layer of protection on us. So we hide our true nature from the world, which evidently results in us hiding from ourselves.
Our dear friend Fear, comes from the Ego, and these guys like to play it safe. The unknown is threatening to them, it presents risk, and perceived failure, therefore preferring you to stay with what you know. But here's the thing, fear is an illusion. It's not real. So whilst it may have good intentions, this illusion ultimately robs you from living life to the fullest and prevents you from reaching your full potential, plus you still get dealt all the crap life has to offer anyway. So it's lose lose. All the firewall and anti-virus software protection we place around our hearts in the end does nothing but keep us isolated, alone and unhappy because we are denying ourselves.
Fear prevents us from allowing ourselves to be vulnerable, it stops us from loving ourselves, honoring ourselves and recognizing that our true beauty is within our kindness, gentleness and compassion. These are all qualities that radiate from the heart center! Fear and the Ego can interpret these qualities as weaknesses, and that being vulnerable is weak. It also tricks us into thinking that our flaws and imperfections are unacceptable and leaves us constantly seeking validation from external sources.
But imagine if we sent Fear on a mini vacay, just for a minute. And we looked at ourselves with kindness, gentleness and compassion, we would see that these flaws and imperfections complete who we are, and that they were a gift, given to us in order to understand self love and self acceptance.
As Dr. Brené Brown put it so wisely “Vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage. Truth and courage aren't always comfortable, but they are never weaknesses.” “Because true belonging only happens when we present our authentic, imperfect selves to the world, our sense of belonging can never be greater than our level of self acceptance.”
So give your fear a bit of a health check. Have you been letting it run rampant through your mind unsupervised? Is it dictating your every thought and emotion? Or do you have the ability to recognise fear when it tries to step in and take over? Are you constantly reactive to your environments and loved ones, or do you have the capacity to take a moment and process what you are thinking and feeling, allowing yourself to choose a healthier way of responding without projecting uncontrolled thoughts and emotions?
We are all souls wanting to love, be loved, learn, grow, evolve and heal. Life is the education center, the physical body is the vehicle we are given to navigate our way through, our thoughts and emotions are tools at our disposal to move through the lessons and the people we encounter are mirrors for us that constantly reflect where we are at in that journey.
So let us make a pact to no longer be small, at every opportunity recognise our magnificence, remind others when they cannot see it within themselves, challenge ourselves to live honestly, find strength in our vulnerability and to shine every chance we get. To love ourselves fearlessly and courageously.......
To say I am a little excited at the fact that I am now 'blogging' is an understatement and I think my opening line gives away my novice status in the blogging world. I am not a trained journo', my grammar and spelling have continued to decline at a steady rate since leaving school many eons ago and to be honest I'm not sure if anyone will even read this!! haha. Yet here I am, blogging away.
But all lame jokes aside, before I get carried away on imparting my thoughts to the blogging world, I need to cover some basics regarding energy healing, receiving treatments and readings. So lets get to the serious stuff.
As the energy healing and wellness industry is unregulated I feel it is important to be associated with quality communities or governing bodies that try to implement the highest standards. I take pride in creating a professional and reputable service and I choose to associate with organisations that are lobbying to create regulation in this industry. I am a member of, and recommend, the following organisations:
In Pranic Healing, the institute created a set of guidelines that I will share here and also elaborate on a code of ethics that I adhere to that covers Reiki and Tarot.
Pranic Healing guidelines:
1. Pranic Healing is not intended to replace allopathic medicine, but rather to compliment it. If symptoms persist or the ailment is severe, please immediately consult a medical doctor and a Certified Pranic Healer.
2. Pranic Healers are not medical doctors, but medical doctors can be Pranic Healers.
3. Pranic Healers should not make medical diagnosis.
4. Pranic Healers should not prescribe medications and/or medical treatments.
5. Pranic Healers should not interfere with the prescribed medications and/or with medical treatments.
6. These Pranic Healing Guidelines must be posted in all Pranic Healing Centres.
IARP Code of Ethics for Reiki Practitioners and Reiki Master Teachers:
1. Abide by a vow of confidentiality. Any information that is discussed within the context of a Reiki session is confidential between the client and practitioner.
2. Provide a safe and comfortable area for sessions or classes and work to provide an empowering and supportive environment for clients and students.
3. Always treat clients and students with the utmost respect and honor.
4. Have a pure and clear intention to offer your services for the highest healing good of the client and highest potential of the student.
5. Provide a brief oral or written description of what happens during a session and what to expect before a client’s initial session. Provide a clear written description of subjects to be taught during each level of Reiki prior to class and list what the student will be able to do after taking the class.
6. Be respectful of all others’ Reiki views and paths.
7. Educate clients/students on the value of Reiki and explain that sessions do not guarantee a cure, nor are they a substitute for qualified medical or professional care. Reiki is one part of an integrative healing or wellness program.
8. Suggest a consultation or referral for clients to qualified licensed professionals (medical doctor, licensed therapist, etc.) when appropriate.
9. Never diagnose or prescribe. Never suggest that the client/student change prescribed treatment or interfere with the treatment of a licensed health care provider.
10. Be sensitive to the boundary needs of individual clients and students.
11. Never ask clients to disrobe (unless in the context of a licensed massage therapy session at the client’s option). Do not touch the genital area or breasts. Practice hands-off healing of these areas if treatment is needed.
12. Be working to create harmony and friendly cooperation between Reiki Practitioners/ Master Teachers in the community and represent the Reiki industry in a most professional manner.
13. Act as a beacon in your community by doing the best job possible.
14. Work to empower your students to heal themselves and to encourage and assist them in the development of their work with Reiki or their Reiki practices.
15. Be actively working on your own healing so as to embody and fully express the essence of Reiki in everything that you do.
As a professional Tarot reader these are my Code of Ethics:
1. The purpose of my readings is to empower the client.
I don’t believe that we all live our lives on a fixed path. Although there are some aspects of our lives that we just can’t change, we can direct the path that our life takes by the decisions that we make. The Tarot is a powerful tool in this respect. The cards can show us things that we don’t know about ourselves, or things that we know but don’t want to see. The cards can help us to understand ourselves, they are a mirror that can help us see what we really want and what will really make us happy, and how to make that happen. The Tarot can help to free you from limiting patterns of behavior. The Tarot can show you what your future may be like as a result of your decisions and your current actions and attitudes, not because we are bound by fate. If you are seeking a purely predictive Tarot reading, you may wish to contact a different style of reader.
2. I will read the cards to the best of my ability, I will conduct the reading with honesty and openness, and if I cannot interpret the cards clearly I will tell you that.
3. I will keep everything a client tells me and everything that is revealed in a reading confidential, unless the situation is possibly life-threatening.
4. My readings are non-judgmental, and I welcome clients of all cultures, religions, spiritual paths, sexual orientations and gender identity.
5. I will not do a reading for anyone under 18 years old without the permission of a parent or guardian.
6. I will strive to give my client positive direction and guidance, to help them to find practical and empowering courses of action.
7. I will not give advice in areas for which I am not qualified. If the client needs a physician, psychologist, lawyer, financial advisor, accountant, or any other professional service for which I am not qualified, I will encourage them to seek such service from someone who is qualified in that area.
8. I will constantly strive to improve my Tarot reading skills, and to always be learning and growing.
9. My intention when doing a reading is to serve the best interests of the client and all concerned without causing harm or wishing to deceive.
10. I reserve the right to refuse to do a reading for a question that I feel I cannot answer, or one that goes against my code of ethics.
By booking a Tarot service with Sarah Ellingworth of Meraki Holistic Healing, you explicitly acknowledge that all Tarot readings and advice arising therefrom are provided and intended for the sole purpose of entertainment.